• Understand and know the major components of an enterprise budget.
• Understand important production estimate techniques and practices.
• Keeping and analyzing production records in Microsoft Excel.
• Understand the difference between variable and fixed cost estimates.
• Understand the use of Microsoft Excel templates to identify profitability of an
• Explain and justify estimates for production and expenses.
• Learn how to change variable inputs in Microsoft Excel.
• Learn how to insert, copy and delete spreadsheet data.
• Measure the profitability impact when input costs are changed.
• Learn how to create new farm production input data in Excel related to chemicals,
seed, fertilizers, machinery and other inputs.
• Create a new enterprise budget by learning how to save/rename the current Excel
• Analyze production performance of agricultural enterprises.
• Build farm production scenarios for improving profitability of an enterprise.
• Learn how to control production costs and analyze risks of price and yield
• Analyze impact of changes in price, capacity and yield on financial performance.
• Understand Linear Programming (LP) to maximize profits.
• Know the use of Solver in Microsoft Excel to create LP models.
• Use a decision model to analyze alternatives and identify the most profitable
solution among competing enterprises.
Monday, January 27, 2014 at 9:00am to 4:00pm
Greenville County Clemson Extension Office
301 University Ridge, Suite 4300, Greenville, SC