In this workshop you will learn how to collect data in the field using your mobile device (iOS or Android) with the Collector for ArcGIS mobile app. Collector offers the following advantages:
• Storage of collected data in the cloud
• Option for offline data collection
• Crowdsourcing: Multiple editors per dataset
• Records editors and timestamps
• User roles: update only, create, delete, and sync.
• Geospatial design: domains, types, and subtypes
• Participatory mapping with just a browser.
• Collection of points, lines, and polygons. Tracking mode for lines and polygons.
• Full integration with ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcCatalog)
This workshop is free for all Clemson students, staff, and faculty. This is the 7th session in our GIS Fundamentals Workshop Series. Learn more at bit.ly/gisseries!
*Basic experience in GIS is required to attend this workshop
**You can bring your own iOS or Android device
Friday, October 12 at 9:00am to 12:00pm
Cooper Library, 406A
116 Sigma Dr., Clemson, SC 29634, USA