This exhibit commemorates the 150th anniversary of the Morrill Act, the legislation that set up the land-grant system on July 2, 1862. The Morrill Act was intended to provide a broad segment of the population with a practical education that related directly to their daily lives. In addition to teaching students and conducting research, land-grant universities take science-based information to the public to meet critical needs. Clemson became a land grant institution in 1890. Photographs and publications reflect Clemson’s long history as a land-grant institution.
No recent activity
No activity yet
116 Sigma Dr., Clemson, SC 29634, USAEnlarge Map